Shannon McCallion, RVT
Home Province: Saskatchewan
- BSc. Biology
- BA. Psychology
- CF Medical Admin. Officer
- CF Logistics Officer
- Adv Cert. in Human Resource Mgmt.
- A teaching and research assistant, a tutor
- A bartender, a retail manager, an office administrator
- A medical administrator, a supply officer, a transport officer, a soldier
- A security specialist, a training officer, a human resources clerk
- A pet-sitter, a house-sitter
- A proud veterinary professional
Previous Board/ Committee Experience:
- Castle Heights Condominium Association (President, P-Pres., Secretary)
- Regina Police Service Citizens’ Police Academy (Pres., P-Pres., Sec.)
- SaskPolytechnic Prgm Advisory Committee for VT (MAL, Chair)
- Financial Audit Committee, Royal Regina Rifles (MAL, Chair)
- Protocol and Public Affairs Committee, SK Militia District
- SAVT Committees: Conference, Bylaw and Policy, Recertification
What do you hope to bring to the table or describe great things you are doing:
- I am a creative, outside-the-box thinker and a proponent for change, truly enjoying brainstorming and evaluating systems and methodologies.
- An insatiable learner, I occasionally get sucked down into the knowledge/research quagmire. I am slowly learning how to harness my non-neurotypical brain so I am less likely to overwhelm myself and others. Current topics I am researching include: adults with ADHD, non-profit governance, communication skills, making synthetic chemical-free cleaning agents and Alzheimer’s dz.
- In addition to my BOD position, I chair the SAVT Bylaw and Policy Committee and am a mbr of the Recertification Committee.
Personal life including pets and hobbies:
- I enjoy reading, puzzles, old movies, learning about almost anything, and most new experiences.
- For the first time in 25 years, I am not owned by a cat.
- I love to swim, the sound of a basketball and sneakers squeaking on a gym floor, eating home-made hamburgers at a minor league softball game
Interesting Fact About You:
- While I am very sociable, I don’t like crowds and hate to sit with my back to a door or a full room. Don’t. Make. Me. Do. It.