The Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic is a well established, privately owned, small animal veterinary clinic in Saskatoon's bustling NorthEast. The clinic is a supportive and friendly workplace which has been recently renovated and expanded. The clinic is "Low Stress Handling" certified, and we work hard to provide welcoming and low stress veterinary care for our clients and patients. Our clinic's special interests are behaviour and dentistry. The staff has recently completed an in-person Communication Skills workshop, and are working to develop these important skills. We regularly enjoy staff social nights where we have taken part in a number of activities including baking cookies at Ronald McDonald House, a Carrie Underwood concert, archery lessons, and guided nature walks along the Meewasin Trail. We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable, hardworking Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team. In your role you will interact daily with veterinarians, other registered veterinary technicians, and clients to provide compassionate veterinary care. The right candidate possesses excellent communication skills, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and great organizational skills.
Your duties will include:
- Management of surgical hospitalized patients: including administration of medications including anesthetic agents, intravenous catheters, preparing patients for surgery, monitoring anesthesia, and patient recovery
- Collection and preparation of samples for submission to a diagnostic lab
- Management of inventory: including food, medication, and control drug logs
- Assisting veterinarians with patient care: including handling/restraint, taking x-rays, filling prescriptions, and completing treatment orders
- Client services: including reception duties (booking appointments, patient triage, completing invoices), surgical patient admission and discharge, nutrition counselling, and client education
- Hospital management: including light cleaning, kennel management, equipment maintenance
If you think you might be a good fit with our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com
New and soon-to-be graduates are welcome to apply!