- Free to students enrolled in a CVMA/AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology/ Animal Health Technology program
- September 1 – August 31 membership year
- Must transfer to Provisional or Active membership once graduated and working in a clinic
- Has 6 months from VTNE writing to register as an active member if not working in a clinic setting.
You MUST be a registered student member if you will be volunteering in a clinic or spay-neuter clinic, doing a practicum or representing yourself in any way as a Vet Tech Student while learning Veterinary Medicine in Saskatchewan (even if you are from another province).
Figuring out how to become a registered member can be confusing, so the SAVT is here to help you along the way.
If you are not working in a clinic, you must register within 6 months of writing the VTNE.
You will be subject to an Executive Interview/ administration fee if there has been a break in your membership or longer than 6 months from graduation.
MOVING TO ANOTHER PROVINCE?
Please contact each association directly. Click here for contact information.
Please apply for Provisional Membership registration:
- Must have graduated from a CVMA/AVMA accredited Animal Health Technology/Veterinary Technology program in the present year.
- Is pending the writing of; or confirmation of results of, the national exam as approved by the SVMA (Currently the VTNE)
- Requires documents to upload:
- official transcript directly sent from school or a copy of your diploma signed by an SVMA member/notary public
- Copy of VTNE confirmation receipt (please save full email as a pdf)
- membership fee (your membership is pro-rated this year)
- You must update your provisional membership quarterly (deadline of each VTNE sitting).
- You must renew the payment of your provisional membership yearly by December 31st!
IF YOU ARE WORKING AS A VETERINARY TECHNOLOGIST, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH SAVT AS A PROVISIONAL OR ACTIVE MEMBER (Student membership expires August 30th)!
(More information on the VTNE can be found using the link to your left)
- In Saskatchewan, you have 3 attempts, (however, you may have up to 5 with SAVT Board approval) to be successful on the VTNE.
- Study hard!
- Please contact SAVT for helpful links and suggestions for passing the VTNE.
Once your VTNE results have been returned to you:
If you have PASSED: Congratulations!!
- If you are registered as a Provisional Member, please submit your VTNE letter to the office to transfer your Provisional Membership to a Full Active membership (no charge).
If you have NOT PASSED:
- Inform SAVT and sign up to re-write at the next consecutive sitting.