Skip to content

New Member Information

All Veterinary Technologists must be registered in the Province of Saskatchewan as a SAVT/SVMA Active member to work in a clinic as an RVT.  Your registration needs to begin and be completed through the SVMA website.

*You may not use the title RVT or Veterinary Technologist or engage in the practice of Veterinary Technology in Saskatchewan without registration in both Associations.

Practise of Veterinary Technology – An individual is deemed to be practising veterinary technology when they:

a) represent oneself directly or indirectly, as engaging in the practice of veterinary technology, and/or
b) use any words or, letters of titles to induce the belief that the individual using them is qualified to engage in  the practice of veterinary technology and/or
c) provide professional medical care, monitor and treat animals, under the supervision of a veterinarian.


If you are thinking of working in Saskatchewan, you must become registered through the SVMA & SAVT BEFORE employment begins.

  • Register as an Active member
  • If you are not currently active in another province, or your membership has lapsed 1-3 years, you will need to go through Saskatchewan’s Recertification process.
  • Must have graduated from a CVMA/AVMA accredited Animal Health Technology/Veterinary Technology program
  • Passed the national exam as approved by the SVMA  (Currently the VTNE)
  • Be an active member transferring from another province with no break in membership or must have written the VTNE within 3 years.
  • Requires Documents to upload an application:
    • an official transcript must be directly sent from school or a copy of your diploma signed by an SVMA member/notary public

Click here to order an official transcript from Sk Polytechnic

  • Copy of VTNE pass letter
  • Letter of Standing from previous Associations
Back To Top