Hooves and Paws Veterinary Clinic is a mixed animal practice that is looking for an energetic, motivated Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT) responsible for performing duties that will ensure the quality care and treatment of all our animal patients. Some of the RVT’s daily responsibilities will include:
- the ability to organize and co-ordinate assigned work to make informed decisions concerning animal health and treatment
- activities involved in the assistance of veterinarians in large and small animal surgeries which include pre-operative assessment, pre-medication, induction, anesthesia monitoring, post-operative recovery, cleaning instruments, preparing surgical packs, and other duties as assigned
- assisting with dentals including cleaning and radiographs
- Laboratory work including running blood on our in house Abaxis CBC and Chemistry machines, performing and interpreting of urinalysis and cytologies
- Responsible for ensuring the clinic is clean and tidy
- Answering phones and booking appointments
- The RVT is expected to handle all animals with the utmost humane treatment, ensuring minimal stress
Hooves and Paws is equipped with dental x-rays, dental cart, ultrasound, CR radiograph equipment, anesthetic monitoring equipment, in house blood machines, and a large animal facility. The clinic offers competitive wage packages (includes glasses and dental), an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. You will be joining an excellent team of compassionate animal care professionals. Currently, our clinic employs two Veterinarians, two RVTs, and a tech student. If you are looking to work in positive progressive environment please apply. We will be looking forward to your application!
Elrose is a quaint community nestled in the middle of everywhere, and about an hour from 3 major cities. Our town has a uniplex that contains an indoor swimming pool, skating and curling rink. We also have yoga, chiropractor and physiotherapy services, hair salon with aesthetics and a town library.