Fuel your passion and develop the full range of your knowledge and skills! This is your chance to join a thriving team at a hospital that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is committed to supporting your personal and professional growth!
Up to $5,000 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE!!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE if applicable!!
AECFV is a leading AAHA and VECCS Level II accredited veterinary facility. We have been providing emergency and critical care coverage since 1996 to more than 100 general practitioners throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Our 8,000 sqft hospital is equipped with many state-of-the-art tools that enable us to provide comprehensive, gold-standard emergency care. We have one of the largest blood banks in Canada and are one of the largest and busiest standalone emergency hospitals in Western Canada. We are fully staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a team of over 100 incredible individuals, each committed to practicing the highest standard of emergency and critical care medicine.
AECFV is partnered with National Veterinary Associates-Compassion-First (NVA C-F). NVA CV-F is a community of more than 100 specialty and emergency hospitals across North America driven by the spirit of collaboration and focused on empowering the advancement of veterinary medicine at the local hospital level.
Through our partnership with NVA C-F we have more resources to advance our medicine, a greater sense of belonging, and increased opportunities to care for our patients, clients, and people. We believe in servant leadership, work life balance, mental health, and growth for our employees.
What to Expect:
- Uplifting work culture: We are a family-founded clinic, and we hold fast to our sense of family, fun, and community by cultivating a culture of respect, kindness, and inclusion.
- Be appreciated: Your knowledge is respected by all peer levels. We value what your unique experience can contribute to our clinic!
- Supportive work environment: We prioritize your healthy work-life balance and are invested in your personal growth and professional development!
- Ongoing mentorship: To prepare you for continued employment, new graduates will receive ongoing support though one-on-one mentorship. Become a well-rounded and confident RVT as you refine your competencies over a six-month paid internship program.
- Share your enthusiasm: Help mentor interns and visiting practicum students and collaborate with a strong group of team-players who want to help each other succeed.
- Fuel your passion: The variety and challenge of emergency and critical care cases offers a unique and rewarding career opportunity for both new grads and seasoned RVTs. Develop the full range of your knowledge and skills!
- Registered Veterinary Technologist or are preparing to write the Veterinary Technician Certification Exam
- Exude compassion and professionalism in all hospital interactions and contribute to a positive work culture
- Dedicated to providing excellent patient care and are excited to enhance your skillset
- Recognize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, including ongoing triage assessment of patients
- Maintain your professional registration and commitment to continuing education
- All shifts available! We have a flexible schedule with six regular shift times to accommodate your availability!
- We are hiring full-time (32+ hours) and part-time technologists for a variety of 8- or 10-hour shifts that may include days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Wage Rate starting at $28/hr commensurate on experience plus hourly premiums for evening and overnight shifts. Interns start at $25/hr, increase to $26 after completion of the VTNE, then to $28 after completion of their internship.
- Up to $5,000 Signing Bonus based on experience and regularly scheduled shifts
- Relocation Assistance may be available for full-time candidates
- RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program (professional counseling)
- Fully paid Continuing Education
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time and Sick Days
- Health & Wellness Benefit (annual allowance)
- Uniform Allowance
- Generous staff discounts on services and products
Our clinic embraces a fun, team atmosphere, and we offer many extras like a stocked lunchroom, giveaways for event tickets and gift cards, and staff meals and parties. We strongly believe in offering more than just a wage!