Fuel your passion and develop the full range of your knowledge and skills! This is your chance to join a thriving team at a hospital that prioritizes your healthy work-life balance and is committed to supporting your personal and professional growth!
Up to $5,000 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE!!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE if applicable!!
AECFV is a leading AAHA and VECCS Level II accredited emergency facility that continually strives for innovation and growth. Our 8,000 sqft hospital is equipped with many state-of-the-art tools that enable us to provide comprehensive, gold-standard emergency care. We have one of the largest blood banks in Canada and are taking steps to expand our specialty services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Critical Care. We’ve been growing for over 25 years and are one of the largest and busiest standalone emergency hospitals in Western Canada, providing coverage for more than 100 referring general practices. We are fully staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a team of over 100 incredible individuals, each committed to practicing the highest standard of emergency and critical care medicine.
A career with us is the chance to live, work, and play in the heart of beautiful British Columbia's Lower Mainland—an area renowned for its moderate climate and convenient access to a huge variety of outdoor activities. If you enjoy an active lifestyle combined with easy access to big city culture, you're going to love it where the city meets the country just 30 minutes outside of Vancouver.
What to Expect:
- Uplifting work culture: We are a family-founded clinic, and we hold fast to our sense of family, fun, and community by cultivating a culture of respect, kindness, and inclusion.
- Be appreciated: Your knowledge is respected by all peer levels. We value what your unique experience can contribute to our clinic!
- Supportive work environment: We prioritize your healthy work-life balance and are invested in your personal growth and professional development!
- Ongoing mentorship: To prepare you for continued employment, new graduates will receive ongoing support to develop your skills through our six-month paid internship/mentorship program.
- Share your enthusiasm: Collaborate with a strong group of team-players and participate as a mentor for our technologist interns and visiting practicum students.
- Fuel your passion: The variety and challenge of emergency and critical care cases offers a unique and rewarding career opportunity for both new grads and seasoned RVTs. Develop the full range of your knowledge and skills!
- Registered Veterinary Technologist or are preparing to write the Veterinary Technician Certification Exam
- Exude compassion and professionalism in all hospital interactions and contribute to a positive work culture
- Dedicated to providing excellent patient care and are excited to enhance your skillset
- Recognize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, including ongoing triage assessment of patients
- Maintain your professional registration and commitment to continuing education
- All shifts available! We have a flexible schedule with six regular shift times to accommodate your availability!
- We are hiring full-time (32+ hours) and part-time technologists for a variety of 8 or 10 hour shifts that may include days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Wage Rate starting at $28/hr commensurate on experience, plus hourly premiums for overnight shifts
- Up to $5,000 Signing Bonus based on experience and regularly scheduled shifts
- Relocation Assistance may be available for full-time candidates
- RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program (professional counseling)
- Fully paid Continuing Education
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time and Sick Days
- Health & Wellness Benefit (annual allowance)
- Uniform Allowance
- Generous staff discounts on services and products
Our clinic embraces a fun, team atmosphere, and we offer many extras like a stocked lunchroom, giveaways for event tickets and gift cards, and staff meals and parties. We strongly believe in offering more than just a wage!