We offer a stable and rich environment where diversity and differences are embraced. We welcome fresh thinking and outlandish ideas, and we are currently recruiting a professional, experienced, and self-motivated individual to join our growing vet team as a Veterinary Technologist to help BetterPaws’ pet owners in doing what they love most; ensuring their pets’ well being! We cherish our staff and what they bring to our working community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. The successful candidate will be responsible to assist as required in the vet team to ensure the maintenance and safety of our members’ pets. So, if you are a veterinary tech who is interested in career growth at a thriving company, we want to hear from you!
In this exciting role, we expect you to:
- Be actively listening to follow the instructions of supervisors and sometimes pet owners if dealing with them directly.
- Be able to communicate all necessary instructions to the vet team and clients.
- Be able to keep track of pet cases and organize their reports.
- Be able to work alongside the vet team and have the capacity to coordinate actions with theirs.
- Be able to show compassion as you might be dealing with animals who are sick, injured, or even dying, and their owners can be distraught. It is important to maintain professionalism while still making animals and their owners as comfortable as possible.
- Be able to explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing general nursing care.
- Educating and helping pet owners on understanding home care.
- Observing and reporting on the behaviour and condition of animals.
- Collecting and maintaining animal case records and reports.
- Determining animal requirements by conducting interviews and questions with the owners to provide the most suitable animal care.
- Conduct examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Explain animals’ status to their owners.
- Enhance our services’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of 2-year associate degree or a four-year bachelor’s degree in this field
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Knowledge of animal behaviour
- Love of animals
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Clinical skills
- Use of medical technologies
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Technical understanding
About BetterPaws Communities:
At BetterPaws, we believe that each pet has its own unique needs for optimal health and wellness, just like any other member of the family. We believe that pet parents should have the ability to access veterinarians when and where they need them. In doing what we love we provide education and honest communication to help our clients make the informed decisions for their pets to ensure a long and healthy life. Our mission is to improve animal welfare, which is why we are working hard to make a positive impact through the care that we offer.
- Full Time or Part Time
- Up to $28 per hour depending on the level of experience
- Extended health benefits
- Three weeks of vacation
- Monday to Friday
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Preferably onsite but can consider remote for highly qualified candidates