Animal Protection Services of Saskatchewan (APSS) requires a full-time permanent Animal Protection Officer to be based out of the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan area. Animal Protection Officers are responsible for assessing and investigating animal neglect and abuse complaints according to The Animal Protection Act, 2018.
Attributes and qualifications that are required of an Animal Protection Officer include:
- A thorough knowledge of Western Canadian farm practices as well as companion animal husbandry.
- An understanding and support of the aims and objectives of the APSS.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic level of computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to participate in educational and training sessions.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Law enforcement experience is preferred
The Animal Protection Officer will receive a semi-monthly wage to conduct APSS business. All related expenses will be reimbursed. Some overnight travel is required.
The full position description is available at upon request.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit their resumes along with a cover letter clearly outlining their animal and/or law enforcement experience by October 31, 2022. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.