The Saskatchewan Association of Veterinary Technologists (SAVT) is a Not For Profit Corporation whose Board of Directors is recruiting an Executive Assistant/Conference Coordinator - an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image to advance the goals of the Veterinary Technology profession.
This position blends the duties associated with organizing an annual conference with operational assistance to the Executive Director as required averaging 20 hours per week. The candidate will be responsible for completing the arrangements for the SAVT Annual Conference, held the first weekend each November.
This position requires knowledge and ability to prioritize and execute tasks conforming to an established budget; SAVT bylaws, polices and standard operating guidelines; and specific timelines. The candidate must also demonstrate competent skills in the following areas: written and oral communication, data processing, social media platform management, event planning, virtual delivery of events, and problem resolution using a collaborative approach.
The position entails considerable networking and relationship building with veterinary industry professionals, vendors, conference speakers, venue staff and administrators, audio visual and IT professionals, SAVT members, and the Board of Directors. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This is a term position ending December 31, 2022, with the possibility of extension given a successful Performance Review. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Conference and Continuing Education
· Assist Executive Director (ED)
· Social Media
· Graphic Design
· SAVT representative to its member body
· Organize and deliver annual SAVT conference and other smaller Continuing Education Events as required
· Assist the ED with the preparation of regular scheduled reports
· Assist ED in developing and updating systems to make the office and Association more efficient
· Maintain social media platforms for the SAVT
· Develop graphics and materials for the ED as needed
· Assist ED to provide answers to member questions
· Contribute to the Association by accomplishing other tasks as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong computer and technology skills
· Knowledge and use of spreadsheets
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with ED, membership, Industry Representatives, Liaisons to other Associations, and the public
· Ability to maintain an organized workflow and work independently
· Ability to follow a budget and keep to timelines and guidelines as provided
· Ability to provide timely reports and action plans
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that would benefit the successful employee:
· Data entry skills are an asset but not required
· Public relations and marketing skills are an asset but not required
· Graphic design is an asset but not required
· IT or web design knowledge are an asset but not required
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma at minimum is required
· Post-secondary education in a field of study that would provide benefit to this position is ideal
· Experience or education in at least one of the areas of additional skills may be required
The working environment is under the supervision and direction of the SAVT Executive Director and ultimately the SAVT Board of Directors. When possible some of the work can be performed from the office building of the Association however remote work is also available. This position has the ability to create their own work schedule under Executive Director’s discretion and allows the position to be flexible. Certain times of the year will require heavier workload to complete the required tasks.
Remuneration is negotiable and dependent upon skills and experience. Current range is $18.00-$19.25/hr.
Send your cover letter and resume/CV to the attention of Jasmin Carlton at email@example.com. Please ensure the job title is in the subject line of the email.