General RVT Position - Warman Small Animal Hospital is looking for a full time RVT to join our team. We recognize the importance of mentorship and support and only ask for commitment, motivation, organization and a keen attitude in return. We are an award-winning, modern, 3000 sq foot hospital and our team has been recognized for many awards, including customer service, community involvement and Business of the Year. Currently we staff 4 technicians and 2 doctors. A full time technician assistant is also here to assist our RVTs.
- Surgical duties include surgical preps including drug calculations, IV placements and rate calculations, intubation, anesthetic monitoring, patient care, home care instruction and client communication.
- Starting annual and medical appointments, including receiving a history and assisting in physical examinations and treatment plans and outcomes.
- Blood draws, running in house tests, urine collection, urinalysis, sending samples out for referred testing, and record keeping
- Dental prophylaxis, dental blocks, extractions, and suturing
- The position involves record keeping using Practice Vantage veterinary software
- Our practice is equipped with digital skeletal radiographs, ultrasound, a fully modernized and equipped dental surgery suite and in house CBC, Chem, and solo machines. You will be using all of these.
- Professionalism with above average written and oral skills are required.
- You will work as part of a team and therefore must be able to cooperatively contribute to ideas and share an equal part of the work load.
- After hours services are a part of this position and are equally shared among the techs in the practice.
- Nursing care including patient handling, patient care and comfort and compassion are essential.
- Salary will commensurate with experience
- After hours emergency and treatment work carries above average renumeration and is over and above base salary
- Mentorship, orientation and support are carefully considered.
- A health benefits package, CE allowance, paid membership fees and staff discounts are included with this position
Please contact Amy Neudorf #2-205 Central Street, PO Box 820, Warman, Sk, S0K 4S0; (306) 716-9115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or discuss this position further.