The Saskatoon SPCA is dedicated to improving the welfare of animals in Saskatoon. We are currently seeking a full-time RVT to help lead the organization as it strives to become a national leader in animal welfare.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A passion for, and understanding of, the unique challenges of shelter medicine;
- Superior decision-making and critical thinking skills;
- A successful track record in leadership roles, and;
- Very strong inter-personal and communication skills.
Within the SPCA shelter program the primary role of the RVT is not to provide diagnostic services, but rather:
- Conduct daily medical rounds;
- Advise the Animal Care team on individual and herd health;
- Provide training and guidance to the Animal Care team;
- Facilitate and expedite veterinary work in and out of house;
- Make critical and timely decisions regarding animal pathway planning, and;
- Manage dynamic animal populations using the capacity for care model.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact in our community? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and be an integral part of a strong team? We invite any candidates to apply who are driven to do meaningful work and grow along with our organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.22 per hour
The successful candidate will be required to submit a criminal record check.